Are you looking for modern, durable, stylish, and high-quality floor tile selections after you’ve opted to beautify your dreary-looking floors? The number of tile flooring possibilities is virtually limitless, but not all of them are going to be ideal for your needs. You may be more concerned with durability in some places, while aesthetics may be more of a priority in the others.
When shopping for flooring tiles, here are some points to keep in mind. If you take into account these, you can significantly improve your overall experience with them.
Make sure you’ve got your finances in order
Floor tiles come in a wide range of price points, from very cheap to really expensive. Determine your budget and calculate the average price per square foot of tiles you want to use in your home.
It is possible to use more expensive tiles in some sections of your home, such as a bedroom or the living and dining area, where most people will see them. The tiles for those specific places should be included in the overall budget. The rest of the house’s flooring can make use of less expensive materials.
Figure out the total number of tiles needed
You should have a near estimate if not the exact number of tiles that you’ll need before making a final decision on which tiles to go for. Carrying the floor plan of your home or merely taking room-by-room measurements is a good idea for those who haven’t yet hired a tile contractor. You may rely on the experts at the tile store to help you figure out exactly how many tiles and how many skirts you’ll need.
Purchase 5–10 per cent more tiles than you think you’ll need to cover any possible tile cutting or breaking.
Pro Tip – The tiles should be installed in a way that minimises waste so that there is no need to trim any of them. To avoid colour mismatches, order the full amount of tiles at once.
Decide on what to use
Below is a list of the most popular types of tiles in use today; these include:
Most people use vitrified tiles since they’re inexpensive and easy to find. These tiles give the home an open and airy feel.
Ceramic and porcelain tiles have been a popular choice since the beginning of time. Natural stone and wood-like patterns are available in a variety of styles. With high-resolution printing, digital tiles have just emerged as a new product category. The strength of these tiles is categorised into five classes.
Hand-crafted cement tiles are unsurpassed in their beauty and boldness for a traditional aesthetic. With these tiles, you may offer a unique style to your home.
Terracotta tiles add a rustic feel to any floor.
Real stone tiles that have been polished and cut to a certain size are ideal for those who appreciate the aesthetics of natural stone.
The colour is important
The colour and texture of the tiles can now be chosen. Remember that your home’s general colour scheme should be considered when choosing a tile or light-coloured tiles to create a more open feel. Keep in mind that your tiles are a long-term investment that won’t be readily changed.
The aesthetic of a house can be drastically altered by using different types of floor tiles.
Because of their high degree of refraction, glazed tiles should only be utilised in small areas. Light is reflected off the reflective surface, making a small room appear larger.
The non-slippery surface of matte-finish tiles is ideal for locations with a lot of foot activity or outside. Non-skid tiles should be used in the bathroom and on outdoor balconies for the sake of safety.
Water-resistance should also be taken into account. Tiles with anti-slip qualities and enough grip are necessary for flooring solutions for rooms like the bathroom and kitchen. Bathroom tiles with a matte finish are one of the greatest solutions available.
Easy to Clean and Maintain
The kitchen, living room, and other high-traffic rooms of your home should have easy-to-clean flooring alternatives so that they can serve you well for years to come. Choosing a tile that is easy to wipe clean is a good idea.
All in all, making your home look and feel its best is what matters most to you. Check out modern and luxurious flooring options to create an eye-catching interior environment. You can choose from various glossy and semi-glossy surfaces that reflect light and lighten the environment around them.
Why are tiles better than other floor covering alternatives?
- Because of the burning and glazing process, ceramic tile is one of the most durable floor coverings available. Porcelain tiles are extremely scratch and traffic resistant.
- Style choices are endless with tile because it can take on any colour, shape, or size.
- Tile is a no-fuss surface that can be cleaned with common household materials. Tile flooring may be kept in excellent condition by simply sweeping and mopping it.
- No polishing or refinishing is required! It’s easy to keep your tile floors looking their best without a lot of effort.
- It’s possible to get the look of natural stone without the high cost or ongoing maintenance requirements by using ceramic or porcelain tile instead.
Let’s gain some pieces of knowledge about Floor Tile shapes
When it is about the shape, there is something for everyone: conventional squares or innovative designer shapes. To help narrow your search, we’ll point out a few unique forms that may be just what you’re looking for.
- As the trend toward “broad” planks gains popularity, tile “planks” take on the shape of a typical natural wood plank.
- The popularity of subway and rectangle tiles grows year after year as more people become aware of their aesthetic appeal and practicality.
- A lively and trendy design can be achieved by using circular tiles. It is also known as penny tile because of its round shape, making it ideal for mosaics.
- Uniquely shaped tiles are referred to as “designer shapes” because of the wide variety of available shapes. Hexagons, herringbone, chevron, and pebble tiles are popular patterns in interior design.
- Tile in squares is the most popular type of flooring. It’s a modern take on a classic shape that’s both fashionable and timeless. Square tile is the greatest choice if you’re looking for basic, clean lines.
No matter what you choose for, remember practicality should take precedence of the looks. If you have any questions about floor tiles, feel free to contact us.